Crunchy Cabbage and Quinoa Coleslaw w/ Almond Butter Dressing
At the beginning of each week I like to do a little food prep and fill my fridge with easy to grab snacks and meals that my family can eat in a rush, grab to-go, or simply to create less stress and dishes throughout the week. This allows me more time to be present with my family, work on my blog, take online courses and spend time with friends without too much worry about what we are going to eat three times a day. I've decided to create a new search option for you here on my website for meal prep ideas such as this coleslaw, my Sweet Bean Salad recipe, Gluten-Free Banana Bread, Roasted Vegetable Soup, Raw Fruit and Nut Bars, and my most popular Olive Oil Hummus! I will continue to add to the list, which you can search at any time in the search bar or to the left in the quick search options on my main page!
|all images ⓒ Dmg Photo|
This coleslaw keeps well in the fridge up to 4 or 5 days, making it the perfect grab-and-go lunches for yourself and the kids at school. I would also bring this along to a pot luck or summer barbecue. If you are looking for something to serve with this I suggest my Maple Ginger Pork Ribs and a sweet Mango Salsa! Or maybe you could add to a pork or fish taco, maybe on a bed of lettuce and topped with some grilled chicken, the possibilities are endless here so have fun and switch it up!
Crunchy Cabbage & Quinoa Coleslaw
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional but awesome)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 plant based oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Add all salad ingredients to a medium sized bowl (with a cover if you plan to store in the fridge) and set aside.
- Add all dressing ingredients in a glass jar with lid, cover and shake vigorously until combined. Add to coleslaw and toss until fully covered. Eat right away or store in the fridge. Enjoy!
For more inspiration be sure to check out my Instagram page @grace.and.jack !