Artichoke & Edamame Hummus
If there is one recipe I make the most often, it is this Artichoke and Edamame Hummus. We always have it in the fridge, alternating with my Olive Oil Hummus recipe, and I love to whip up a fresh batch when we have company coming for drinks, a game night, or an afternoon on the deck in the sun. It is high protein, filled with good healthy fats, fiber and so many nutrients supporting gut health. If you are fortunate enough to have a food processor, a kitchen appliance I simply could not live without, pull it out of the cupboard and let's get to it!
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup thawed frozen shelled edamame
- 4 jarred artichoke hearts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Simply put all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth! You may need to add a little water to get the smooth texture depending on your blender or chickpeas, so feel free to do so 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Serve with topping listed above or simply on its own. Holds well in the fridge up to a week!