Avocado & Feta Bowl
|all images Ⓒ DMG Photo
If I were to host a spa day and have all my favorite ladies over this is what I would serve for lunch. This Avocado and Feta Bowl was designed by me to treat your body with all the love, joy and nourishment it deserves. Much like a spa day for your digestive system, this bowl will treat you with omega-3 fatty acid, potassium, magnesium (which can help fight depression and prevent migraines), B vitamins, and even your hair and skin with all the naturally healthy plant-based fats and so much more. Not to mention your taste buds will be so pleased you might even smile while you eat, increasing your mood and the mood of those around you. What could be better than that!
This light salad is easy to make and works as a main meal as well as a side. Heck, eat it for breakfast with a poached egg on top or alongside scrambled eggs and buttered toast if you like! It is best served right away to avoid browning avocado chunks and to keep that nice balanced texture of creamy avocado and crisp cucumber.
This can also be a lovely lunch for work or school, but keep in mind you will want to leave the avocado out and add it right before you eat, again to avoid browning of that luxurious fruit!
Let's make something beautiful today!
serves two full servings or 4 sides
- 2 tbsp plant based oil (I used olive oil here)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs such as parsley, basil and cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup feta, cut into cubes
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into cubes
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- red chili flakes (optional if you want to add some heat!)
- Bring a small pan to medium heat and add 1 tbsp of oil. Add in chickpeas and a pinch of sea salt, saute until golden brown, then add herbs and toss until warmed through, remove from heat and place in medium sized bowl.
- Add cut avocado, feta and cucumber to bowl. Then chop all 6 artichoke hearts into four pieces and add to bowl. Stir contents of bowl until evenly distributed.
- Add lime, remaining tbsp oil, yogurt, sea salt and pepper. Toss until all ingredients are coated in this light dressing. Serve right away and let your body enjoy the special treatment!
For more inspiration be sure to check out my Instagram page grace.and.jack !