Holiday Fruit & Nut Bars (GF, No Bake)
Grace and Jack does holiday cookies?! Oh yes my friend, yes we do. I can't keep these sweet little treats in the house! My friends and family devour these cookies each time I make them, leaving none for me to freeze for the holidays. So I will likely be up late Christmas Eve making a batch for Mr. & Mrs. Clause to ensure I keep my place on the nice list this year.
|All Images Ⓒ 2020 DMG Photo|
You have seen a version of this before when I posted the original Raw Fruit & Nut Bars but these are a little different. I added white chocolate and dried cranberries to make them a little more festive in appearance, but also this recipe is going to make a thicker bar than the last recipe, making them just a little more indulgent and more like a holiday cookie, at least in my opinion.
By now you probably know my love for chocolate and how much I enjoy finding creative ways to make my indulgence a little healthier. Dates are the perfect way to do this if you ask me, whether its in these bars or in a smoothie, cocoa and dates are the dream team when it comes to chocolate cravings. Dates are known to be rich in antioxidants and iron, and to have a low glycemic impact. Paired with healthy nuts, seeds and decadent dark chocolate, these cookies are a powerhouse of nutrition and pure joy!
Not to mention the kids can basically eat these until they drop and I don't have to worry too much about the sugar rush afterwards knowing that they have a belly full of good fats, omegas, antioxidants and so many vitamins and minerals to help them grow into the kind of kids who make their mamas nice list. I like my kids like I like my food: full of vitamins and minerals!
Okay, let's get to...not baking!
Holiday Fruit & Nut Bars
- 2/3 cup dark cocoa
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup walnuts
- 14 dates, pitted
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dark chocolate (or semi sweet) for melting
- 1/2 cup white chocolate to melt and drizzle
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup dried cranberries (your preference)
- 1/4 cup pepita seeds
- In a food processor, grind walnuts and cashews. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Using the food processor again, add cocoa, dates, salt, maple syrup, coconut oil and shredded coconut. Mix until it forms a dense dough. Add ground nuts and pulse until combined.
- At this point you can choose to use the dough as it is by rolling into small protein balls and placing in the fridge to cool. Or you can continue to step 4 to make the Fruit & Nut Bars.
- Line a 9"x12" baking dish with parchment paper, then add the processed dough pressing with washed hands until it evenly fills the bottom of the dish. Place in fridge to cool while you melt the dark chocolate.
- Spread melted dark chocolate over cooled dough then return to the fridge to cool as you melt the white chocolate. Drizzle over the cooled dark chocolate then sprinkle with dried cranberries and pepita seeds. Return to the fridge to cool once more and serve! These are best kept in the fridge until ready to eat, and freeze well for early holiday baking. Enjoy friends!
If you would like to follow my holiday series be sure to check out my Instagram page grace.and.jack !
Post a Comment