Summer Smoothies for the Family
Myself and the kids wake up every morning and make a large batch smoothie together. Often they decide the main ingredients, then I add all the extras to make it tasty enough for them to actually enjoy. These are our two favorite creations this summer and we hope you all like them as much as we do!
Both are filled with nutrition and a great way to start the day with lots of energy. If you are someone who uses protein powder or collagen (like I do) add them after you have already poured up the kids servings, and I suggest flavorless so you can enjoy all the wonderful flavors we have put together for you here.
If you don't have partridge berries for the PB&J Smoothie you can simply replace them with more strawberries, but I suggest getting your hands on some if you can this summer because they are a real treat, especially in this recipe! They give a unique tangy taste that really compliments the natural peanut butter.
Arugula can be replaced with any green you like if you don't have it, but we love how its spicy flavor works against the sweetness in the pineapple. Even my little man asks for this one and he is not fussy on the greens these days.
Smoothies are about having fun and experimenting with new combinations. I can't wait for you all to try these and let me know how you like them! Be sure to leave a comment below ♥
(Mia's favorite) Serves 3
- 1/2 cup frozen partridge berries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 heaping tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups oat milk (or other plant based milk)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 apple, peel on, core removed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Simply toss all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Mia suggests you enjoy on the patio in a cozy chair while hanging with your family.
Pineapple & Arugula Smoothie
(Arlo's favorite, who is much less interested in the camera for photos)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana
- 6 cashews
- 1 cup oat milk (or other plant based milk)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup arugula
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and serve. Arlo suggests you drink this as quickly as possible then run to the sandbox to play with your favorite dump trucks. Cheers!