Pasta in Warm Clam Sauce : Date Night at Home
So we can't get out of the house for our usual date nights, why not try it at home? Light some candles, put on some music you both love, and eat something sinful. I'm talking about this creamy indulgence of a dish: rich with clams, cream cheese, parsley, and of course, pasta. I'm talking carbs, on carbs, on carbs, with a little bit of spinach in there to make you feel like you, at the very least, had one serving of vegetables in this meal.
I know I talk a lot about how important it is to eat healthy vegetable-filled meals on here, but I also stand for wellness, and our mental health is so major when it comes to our overall health. We are all so busy right now with our children, jobs, staying home and the fear that comes with the news around us. Our mental health is taking a toll here even on the good days. When we are laughing and smiling, we still have the little bit of worry in the back of our minds that keeps us from fully relaxing into the routine of our day. So, let us all take the break we surly need with a glass of champagne and a meal we can truly savour. This dish is relatively simple to put together but tastes as if you have been working hard in the kitchen all afternoon, and I know your date will appreciate the time and effort. Cheers!
Pasta in Warm Clam Sauce
- 1 box preferred pasta (I chose gluten free spaghetti)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 x 142g cans of baby clams in liquid, drained, reserving both liquid and clams
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- palm of fresh parsley
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks (or green onion or shallot, all tested and work well)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup champagne (or dry white wine)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick sauce pan. Saute garlic, leeks, and mushrooms until soft.
- Add liquid from clams, champagne, spinach, and parsley (reserving some for garnish), cover and simmer for 5 minutes or so.
- Add cream cheese and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Turn off heat and add the clams, keep warm.
- Cook pasta, drain and toss with warm sauce. Serve immediately with freshly cracked black pepper. Bon appetite!
For more inspiration be sure to check out our Instagram page grace.andjack !
Post a Comment