Veggie Salad with Goat Cheese & Chickpea "Croutons"
Here it is, the salad so many of you asked for after I posted a photo to my Instagram page; a versatile salad with lots of crisp veggies, topped with goat cheese and oven baked chickpea croutons! I know, I'm drooling too.
I have been making variations of this salad for so long I can't remember not making it. It's a go-to for me when it comes to family potlucks, barbecues with friends, and of course a date night at home with my hubby. It is always a hit and can of course be adapted to fit any dietary restrictions your guests may have.
You want to start this salad by prepping the chickpeas and placing them in the oven - the rest of your salad will be ready by the time they come out of the oven nice and crispy. You can wait for them to cool before serving, or to make it a little more exciting (yes this is the kind of stuff that makes me happy) serve them hot out of the oven! Go nuts!
If you plan to put this in a container with a cover, I do suggest you let the chickpeas cool first to prevent them from getting soggy. Crisp is best you guys!
How much of each vegetable you add is of course up to you, the measurements below are more of a guideline to inspire you to make the most delicious salad you can dream up. Add ingredients such as marinated artichoke hearts, mango, flaked tuna, spicy arugula, fresh herbs or avocado! The possibilities are endless here. The stars of the show really are the chickpea "croutons" and goat cheese.
Okay, let's chop some veggies!
Veggie Salad with Goat Cheese and Chickpea "Croutons"
1. Chickpea Croutons
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl until chickpeas are fully coated in the spices and oil. Transfer to a roasting pan and bake in a preheated oven at 425F for 15 minutes.
- 3 parts olive oil
- 1 part balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh herbs such as basil, parsley (optional)
Combine all ingredients on a glass jar and give it a good shake! Your vinaigrette is ready! Set aside until salad is assembled.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, boston lettuce also works well
- 1/2 of a yellow pepper
- 1 small apple
- 1/2 of an english cucumber
- 1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- Always wash all vegetables before using in your salad.
- Tear lettuce and arrange on a large plate.
- Chop all other veggies, and the apple, and place on top of lettuce, topping with crumbed goat cheese.
- Once chickpea croutons are ready (hot or cooled, it's up to you!) sprinkle them on top of the salad and dress with the balsamic vinaigrette you made and Voila! You are ready to eat!
For more inspiration be sure to check out my Instagram page grace.and.jack !
Post a Comment